Are there any special considerations for veterans looking for student housing?

Veteran students by emphasizing their value as an important component of culture. Students are encouraged to contact the Center for Students with Disabilities or check its website before starting the application process to ensure that they are eligible for accommodation with emotional support animals. If the university is at full capacity, there may be more students not staying on campus, even if there isn't a qualifying exemption. The Adirondack Housing Association (AHA) and SUNY Adirondack recognize that students may need specific accommodations to fully participate in the residential living component of their college experience.

The mission of University Housing is to provide affordable, quality housing and to promote student learning and personal success in an inclusive and participatory community. Financial aid is available to those who qualify based on their needs, and University Housing draws on the experience of the Office of Financial Aid to determine if a student has sufficient financial aid and other funding options to attend UWW. It is strongly recommended that students do not commit to alternative housing until an exemption has been approved through the process identified below. Pets are not allowed in student residences, but if a student has a documented need for an emotional support animal, they will need to go through the Center for Students with Disabilities to get approved.

Students who request an exemption for this reason are expected to contact the Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) and send all medical documentation to their office for review. Disability-based requests require students to identify and discuss with the Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) the specific areas of concern and the problems they are experiencing. University Housing works in collaboration with the Center for Students with Disabilities to meet the needs of students related to disability.