How can students make sure their belongings are safe in student housing units?

Keep windows and doors secured with proper locks at all times. If a lock on your residence breaks, contact the landlord right away. Our on-campus communities offer unique spaces for program activities, study space for residents, and interaction with other residents. Students may not adopt behaviors that affect the ability of other residents to use classrooms and shared spaces.

Examples include, but are not limited to, participating in sexual activities and sleeping. During quiet hours, the living rooms in the apartment (where appropriate) can only be used to study in silence. Residents cannot store or leave personal items unattended in lounges, hallways, stairwells, or other community or shared spaces. Shared kitchens for residents and communities located in all student housing and dining services must be properly used and maintained by residents.

Beyond the summer apartment storage option, which is only offered to permanent residents in apartments, the University has no storage space available to store student belongings. Contact an off-campus space rental center to store your necessary personal belongings. No furniture can be removed from the rooms of the residence to be stored anywhere else. University of California student housing staff will assess damage throughout the year and as the resident vacates the assigned space.

This includes, but is not limited to, posted signs, formal email communications, this Student Accommodation Manual, and reasonable interactions with staff (for example, ESAs and service animals in student housing centers must be pre-approved through the Student Access Center before taking the animal to student housing facilities for the first time). To leave a space properly, residents must return the keys to the assigned unit to the building's front desk and follow all instructions provided by the student accommodation staff. Policies, programs, and procedures are subject to frequent change with the introduction of additional public health guidelines as determined by Student Accommodation and Dining Services and the University. When residents have not left as scheduled (internal transfers and at the end of the contract period) or have not taken their personal property, the student accommodation staff will do their best to contact the residents.

If a resident needs help disposing of sharp objects due to size or safety, student accommodation staff can provide assistance. The University of Kansas and the University of Kansas are committed to programs and activities free from racial or ethnic discrimination. Student accommodation and dining services and the University's policies and behavioral standards are designed to provide a clear perception of what is expected of you as a UC Davis student and a member of the student housing and dining services community. Students must comply with student accommodation and dining services policies that implement county or state health face covering orders or other guidelines.

Maintenance emergencies should be immediately notified to the building reception or to the student accommodation staff. Facility emergencies should be immediately notified to UK student accommodation, including broken pipes, water leaks, flooded toilets, broken windows, broken heaters and electrical short circuits. KU Student Housing will communicate the registration process to the contracting party, usually by email, phone, or in person. Residents are responsible for reviewing the contracted space for damage, submitting service requests to repair the damage, and reporting current facility issues to the student housing staff at the University of California.

Student housing can also consolidate spaces, which may require residents to move to a new housing assignment. Liability sanctions: Liability sanctions are sanctions that affect a student's status in student accommodation in the United Kingdom. .